Welcome to Williams' Website!
Read messages from internationally known Rev.Dr. Williams for her expertise in financial counseling, family economics, and resource management here intertwined with spiritual references.
Springing Forth: Growing Younger while Older. Practical daily steps with Scriptures and songs suggest ways to "grow younger while older" and deal with any loss. Essays by various people address social issues of the elderly and provide edification and education. Poems for praise, power, and prayer.
READ BOOKS by Flora Williams, and GIVE GIFTS:
Springing Forth: Growing Younger While Older WestBow Press – A Division of
Thomas Nelson and Zondervan. 2016. ISBN No. 978-1-5127-1724-2 (SC), ISBN 978-1-5127-1725-9 (e). Part 1 is practical daily steps with Scriptures and songs which suggest ways to “grow younger while older.” Essays.by various people for edification and education are Part 2. Poems for praise, power and prayer written by Flora Williams are Part 3. Rev. Dr. Williams is professor emerita at Purdue University, minister, and world-wide speaker, musician, wife, and mother of three children, four grandchildren.
Springing Forth brings hope, renewal, and healing to those experiencing loss, affliction, and aging. Price discount is $20.00 when ordered from author. 765-474-4232, email@example.com. Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and WestBow Press (call866-928-1240 or type WestBow Press bookstore.)
The Shepherd’s Guide through the Valley of Debt and Financial Change: A Comprehensive Manual for Financial Management, Counseling, & Spiritual Guidance. (AuthorHouse. ISBN 978-1-4490-0572-6) (Updated 2015)
- Pastoral care and counseling. Crisis Management and responses to downturns
- Working with low-income and the poor and other individuals/families
- Premarital lessons and family communication. Family resource management.
- Ideas for sermons, classes, one-to-one counseling, mentoring, devotions
- How to save more, give more, buy well, use credit, get out of debt, get a job, budget and plan, fund college, make decisions, plan funerals, estate plan, retire
- Technical subjects written in a “folksy style,” case studies for education ; Power over addictions Overcoming disability, living with loss, handling chronic illnesses and pain are featured as well as other faith issues. Messages through 98 poems are life changing and thought provoking. They give hope, renewal, inspiration, and courage. Profound convictions in refreshing new ways are appropriate for seasonal, controversial, and personal interests. Scripture is referenced. Poems are ideal for use in worship services, meetings, meal-time conversations, and personal devotions. Author Rev. Dr. Williams graduated from Manchester College, Purdue University, and Bethany Theological Seminary. She is Professor Emerita, was Director of an award financial crisis clinic, is Ordained Minister in the Church of the Brethren, Registered Financial Consultant, musician, and speaker. Order from author 765-474-4232 firstname.lastname@example.org. 3815 Gate Road, Lafayette, IN 47909. $9.50 includes postage and handling.Hand in Hand with God: Witnessing on the Way (Publish America, 2006) ISBN: 1-4241-2147-7. Awareness of disability with ability to relearn, rearrange, and rebound as well as how to communicate about disability are featured. Author describes stages of grief after a tragic accident in Mexico leaving her disabled – now God-abled. More than sharing her faith journey, techniques for witnessing, education for making changes, and overcoming disability are themes. Filled with hope and inspiration, extraordinary events and miracles are reported –encounters with the Holy, messages through birds, God-incidences, and Scripture coming alive. The book is useful for study groups, personal devotions to new heights, and given as a gift to fortify belief. (Discount when ordered from author Flora Williams : $10.50 (includes postage) 765-474-4232, email@example.com, 3815 Gate Road, Lafayette, IN 47909)
- Renewal: A Collection of Flora’s Poetry (Arolf Publisher, expanded 2015)
- Financial Literacy at Life Stages: Funding College, Retirement, Budgeting and Spending Plans, Employment, Responses to a Changing Economy, Credit and Debt ( 2015) (A Family Resource Management Manual.) Goals, Decisions, Earning, Spending, Response to Financial Crises. $16.50 from author Flora Williams. $15.00 for quantity. 765-474-4232, firstname.lastname@example.org, 3815 Gate Road, Lafayette, IN 47909.
- Illustrations and new models based on Williams’ 32 years of teaching/research at Purdue University, 25 years of directing a counseling center with clients from all economic levels, 5 years of study at Bethany Theological Seminary, 20 years as accredited financial counselor, and ministering. 2009.2015. Order from AuthorHouse 888-280-7715 ($27.00) or www.authorhouse.com (Click on bookstore, type The Shepherd’s Guide) or write 1663 Liberty Drive, suite 200, Bloomington, IN 47473, Amazon, or Order from Flora Williams, $21.60 includes postage/handling), 3815 Gate Road, Lafayette, IN 47909. email@example.com 765-474-4232
The Shepherd's Guide through the Valley of Debt and Financial Change will improve your excellence and expertise. This is a Comprehensive Manual for Financial Management, Counseling Techniques, and Spiritual Guidance.
(Click on How to Order, Books and Poetry, Author, Preview & Order or continue reading for details and then order).
It develops your excellence and expertise. mobilizes resources within your clients, parishioners, and study group and their community. This book is transforming - it offers direction for financial crisis intervention, responses to economic downturns, and inspiration for professionals, volunteers, pastoral care and counseling to meet today's most crucial needs. Use it for personal devotions, study groups, one-to-one counseling, money coaching, mentoring and sermons. Learn how to set goals, budgeting and planning, save more, give more, buy well, use credit, get out of debt, reduce expenses, communicate about money, premarital lessons, divorce decisions, fund college, get a job, overcome addictions, and retire. Pastoral theology is intertwined with practical financial steps. Many case studies illustrate and educate. Click on How to Order.(Click on books and poetry to see part of Table of Contents. Write firstname.lastname@example.org for complete table of contents for The Shepherd's Guide, Hand in Hand with God, and Poetry for Life Renewal.)
Hand in Hand with God: Witnessing on the Way. Read of the extraextraordinary experiences that will give you courage and hope. In this inspiring book, Flora tells how by losing her hand, she found new ways to reach out to others. An accident would have been a tradegy if it had not brought encounters with the Holy along the way. Travel with her as she rearrangeds her life, piano playing and her environment. Although disabled, she becomes God-abled. Treatment of persons with disabilities is addressed. Hope and education are intertwined with scripture. This is a real life experience and a spiritual memoir.
Click on Preview & How to Order
Renewal: A Collection of Flora's Poetry. Sp i r i t u a l M e s s a g e s in this book give hope and are thought provoking. Sample:
A Day the Lord Makes by Flora Williams © 2006 (1)
It is ten till seven.
Went to bed at eleven.
What will your day be?
Sad, happy, or free?
Ask, God you will receive. (John 1:12 NIV)
Seek, God you will find. (John 29:13 NIV)
Grasp opportunities coming your way.
Work with cosmic energy in your veins.
Serve with joy.
Take the bumps.
Dodge the arrows.
Then tonight return to rest.
Trusting God whom you attest.